Friday, November 12, 2010

surprise me

Recently I've noticed a trend in 30-day challenges. I think because I noticed my friend XP started a picture challenge on his Facebook where he uploaded a specific picture each day. Well today my good friend YL is abstaining from coffee for a month because I told him to. He's addicted. I hope he does not die.

So 30-day challenges have been on my mind, and I've been thinking about what I can do one on. Well last night TQ was talking about a book she's read entitled Surprise Me, God about a guy who committed 30 days to write down everything that happened each day that God did. I really like the concept and I think that's something I'm going to attempt to do these next 30 days. So many times I feel like there's so many things to thank God for, or things that God is doing in my life that I want to give him credit for. Mostly I hope to document the unexpected surprises that come my way from him, no matter how big or how small they appear to be. Hopefully this will help in that pursuit.

I'll start off with tonight. I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to go with my friend RA to a Holocaust Survivor dinner. Before the dinner I was thinking how comfortable coffee shops actually are, such a good place to meet with someone and have a normal conversation with. But the dinner itself, where I had the unique privilege of hearing from a survivor of war, that was a moment I truly cherished. So inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment